Who am I?


Well, my name is Cristina (without H) Gherghel. Green is my blogger surname (long story).
I was born and raised in Romania, but I spent grand part of my life in Italy.

I started blogging a couple of years ago and I am not a native English speaker (writer, in this case).
I own three (four now) blogs, three in a language that most of you would think it's worse than hieroglyphics, covering different topics.

One is a recipe blog (hell, yes, I used to cook twice a day!), one is a... book, fragments actually, from a book I will finish one day (seriously, I will), and the other one is more generalist: suggestions, relationships/emotions/human behaviour, natural health/beauty, full of irony, some poetry, stories from the communist regime.

I used to be, somehow, known and followed by many people (God knows why) and I kinda miss writing. But, hey, the blogs in my language remain in the top search for specific subjects.

So, here I am, daring to start writing in a language which I haven't studied for too long.
You'll soon realise (you already realised, I know) my English is not good enough to be used in writing, but I hope you will be understandable and not too hard on me.

I love this language, it was definitely my first love (when speaking about languages), but I haven't studied it until 2007 when I came to England and immersed myself in 3 months full-time course (which cost me a fortune, by the way!!!).
Afterwards, I did not use at all what I so expensively learned, and forgot almost everything.
Came in England again in June 2014, and felt like an alien.
Not only because I was green :D but because the English I thought I knew, was completely different from the one it's spoken in here!
Had a terrible shock (again), but haven't run away. I came here to finally learn this challenging language and I'll stay until I will be satisfied. It might take years. 10, 15, 20. Who knows?
-----
Lived in Italy for 10 years and I was still not happy with the language I learned so hard.
-----
I love red lipstick (not obvious at all :D ), bright colours, sunny days, rain, snow, and many, many other things.


Very ironic and sarcastic, positive, open-minded... 

I just realised it's a very long description and decided to cut it (in two parts).

I don't want to make you feel bored already. I am bored to death, to be honest. Can't even imagine how you must feel. So sorry!!!

For those who want to know more about me, here is the second part.


If you appreciate it, don't hesitate to like, share, comment, or join me on Facebook, on the other blogs I own: Carpe Diem De gustibus non est disputandumPovestea Isabellei, and on LinkedIn.

In case you love reading, please have a look at my eBook (the first fragment of my biography), and write a review if you have two minutes. You will be helping me to help my parents.

Thank you for your visit. See you soon, amazing human being.

Post a Comment

Do not be shy, leave a sign. I prefer nice words, but critics are welcome too. Do not spam, do not insult (me or others), avoid being vulgar. Respect is a MUST! Ps. If you don't see your comment right away, is because it needs my approval before becoming public, so don't waste your time insulting, nobody will ever know (besides you).

Previous Post Next Post