The power of words - Compliments

"Magnify the strength, not the weakness.
I've read it somewhere and it remained impressed in my mind. 

But do we always do that? Do we even try to be nice?
No, most of the time we just say what we think, as I wrote here
We think is correct to speak our minds without caring for others' feelings.
Well, there are cases when you have to speak your mind, but sometimes we could choose to be nice, instead of being terribly bitter.
A compliment, a nice word could make somebody's day. Could give that person enough strength to go through a bad day, or even a bad period.

When a man likes a woman he starts by paying her many compliments. Then, soon as she becomes his, he gives her fewer and fewer compliments until stopping altogether.
When the woman complains he replies that she's "too demanding". Typical. :D

Of course, not all men pay women compliments. Oh, no, some/most think is superfluous.
"Women shouldn't feed on these frivolities, they know they are beautiful/good-looking, why do they need to hear it from other people? It doesn't make any sense!"
Well, I am speaking for myself (without false modesty), I know I am good-looking, but still, any single nice word makes me instantly feel better.

-------- I was lucky, but I also work a lot on my body. It doesn't mean I use loads of makeup, no, I am just careful with what I eat, I exercise a lot, and I use creams (after 28 you can't escape the signs of time :D). --------

As I said, I am happy with my looks, but every time somebody pays me a compliment, my confidence grows. Subconsciously, of course.

I have been asked why do I need a compliment from someone when I know I look ok?
Well, it's stupid and shallow, but I am not 20 anymore.
--- Do I need to say more? 
Don't think so. All 30-year-old women will understand what I mean.
I am a reasonable person,
I know it's banal, but it does well for your morals (as a bad word will do you harm).

Compliments shouldn't be given only for looks, also intelligence, mind, personality, etc. deserves attention.
Sometimes a compliment about your knowledge/skill is more valuable than a compliment about your look. It means that people don't concentrate only on the exterior.


Anyway, don't count too much on people to tell you nice words, most don't care, others think it is futile and there are a few who would never tell you anything nice because are not very nice themselves. Don't know the meaning of being nice.
Some even expect nice words from others, but would never exchange them. Not sure if they think that only they deserve them. Could be, but I don't want to believe this. It would mean that humans are not that human in the end. And it's sad.

Thank you so much for your visit. 
Have you read any of my stories and liked them?
Why not support me by leaving a review on Goodreads and Amazon? 

📚

If you're interested in reading my books (English+Romanina), feel free to click on this link. It will take you to an external page (Amazon). 

The e-books in Romanian, signed with Cristina Gherghel (no longer Cristina G.), can be found here (Google Play)

My author blog is here, just in case you were looking for it. 
Were you? 

If you feel generous and would like to help an author help others, click here. It will take you to PayPal. 
No amount is too little. 
I thank you from the bottom of my heart. 

Post a Comment

Do not be shy, leave a sign. I prefer nice words, but critics are welcome too. Do not spam, do not insult (me or others), avoid being vulgar. Respect is a MUST! Ps. If you don't see your comment right away, is because it needs my approval before becoming public, so don't waste your time insulting, nobody will ever know (besides you).

Previous Post Next Post