7 - Happiness is a choice

When I was 27 I read a book called: Happiness can be taught. I can't remember who wrote that book, but it was definitely a wise person.



Richard J. Davidson sustains that Happiness is a skill that can be learned.
But he is not a lonely bird; in fact, there are thousand of people who think that. 

Some insist that happiness should be taught in schools as maths, grammar, economy and so on.
We are not born with this skill, we need to learn it and could be tricky, but is not impossible.


“You can learn to be happy, as you can learn to ride a bike” it's my philosophy.

You fell, you get up, patch your bruises, dry your tears and start over until you learn.



My brother's learned to ride my father's bicycle, by himself, when he was just a child.
You try to imagine a four year old child, on a huge men's bicycle leaned against our house's walls: under the top tube, barely reaching the handlebars...
I used to watch him through the window while cleaning or cooking. Such a determination!!!
He was full of bruises, but didn't stop until he learned.
If a child could learn that without any help, we, adults with so many possibilities and help (technology, the internet, books, guru, psychologists), surely can learn to be happy.


Don't look for happiness outside you, in relationships, money, wealth...; you won't find it because Happiness is within you.

If you are not  happy on your own or inside you, you can't be happy in a relationship, a job, or any given situation.


"The very good news is there is quite a number of internal circumstances […] under your voluntary control. If you decide to change them (and be warned that none of these changes come without real effort), your level of happiness is likely to increase lastingly. (Seligman 2002, p. xiv)" The pursuit of happiness. 


Happiness is a decision that you can take every morning when you woke up.
In the book I mentioned at the beginning I read: "I open my eyes and I have two choices: to be sad or happy; because I am not stupid or masochist, I choose to be happy."

The choice is ours.

Watch this video and sing along.


If you like this post, please feel free to comment or share it with others who might benefit from reading it.
Sharing is Caring. 
If any of the above helped you in any way, as a Thank You, visit my LinkedIn account or like my Facebook page.
It would be highly appreciated. 
That way I will know that my work isn't in vain.
Thank you so much to those who don't need to be begged to do so. 


Ps. This is the last post from the motivational series titled: 7 steps to positivity.

All the posts are related one to another, therefore are complimentary. 
You may find similar information in many of them, but that's because they are all based on THE LAW OF ATTRACTION. 

Reflect on every word written on all these posts. Take time to fully understand everything. 

I know many people enjoyed it and some even have started to follow my “directions.”
I am truly grateful for your support and positive reflections. 

Post a Comment

Do not be shy, leave a sign. I prefer nice words, but critics are welcome too. Do not spam, do not insult (me or others), avoid being vulgar. Respect is a MUST! Ps. If you don't see your comment right away, is because it needs my approval before becoming public, so don't waste your time insulting, nobody will ever know (besides you).

Previous Post Next Post