Movies that make you grow


I am undergoing a series of changes in my life. All drastic and extremely important.

Although I love movies and I used to watch TV series, I don't do it anymore (since I started writing). I gave up on all my other hobbies and focused on studying the psychology of making your own future.
I needed inspiration so I decided to watch some documentaries, but also motivational and inspirational movies. I never thought that a movie about criminals, boxers, football, bodybuilding could give me something. God, I was wrong!

I watched movies with actors or people I never liked. I followed subjects that I had no interest in, and I am glad I did! Russell Crowe became my favourite actor ever.
Leonardo di Caprio is an artist I started to respect after watching The Aviator. I was shocked to know that he didn't get an Oscar for that. Really?! He finally got it for The Revenant though. It was about time he'll get one. I can't wait to watch The crowded room. 

I made a list of the stories that shook my beliefs. I learned so much and I am grateful that the movie business decided to make them so I could start believing in miracles.

I saw many others, but these are the ones that gave me something precious: Faith and Hope. "If they can do it, I can do it." 

The list is It is just a matter of taste, keep that in mind.


            Cinderella Man with Russell Crowe, Renée Zellweger –  Based on a true story –  Wow, wow, wow!  “What do you fight for?” asked a reporter and James said: “Milk.” – I am a crier, I admit, and this movie made me shed thousands of tears. From start to end. I am definitely not a person who goes for sad movies, and box is not my thing, however, this was the most inspirational movie I ever watched in my entire life. What a lesson! No other story touched my heart in this way. I watched it three times in two weeks and the only other movies I watched more than once were comedies: Scary Movie 4 and Dracula Dead and Loving. If you have a dream and you fear it can't be fulfilled, watch this movie and pay very much attention. Prepare a box of tissues and loads of chips;

            Beautiful Mind with Russell Crowe Based on a true story – Again, my eyes blurred with tears. Many have rolled down my burning cheeks. If you think you can’t control your thoughts, perceptions, illusions watch this and reflect carefully. The struggles of a sane mind, are a joke compared to a damaged one. Incredible. A must watch;

            Slumdog Millionaire with Dev Patel - I love this guy, he's hot and extremely talented. Unbelievable what people can do for love;

            The Man Who Knew Infinity with Dev Patel – Based on a true story – A genius who was aware of being one. Not a happy ending, but such an amazing story;

            3 Idiots a Hindi Movie with Aamir Khan, Madhavan, Sharman Joshy –  A brilliant comedy with quite a few lessons to learn. Just don't dare to disobey if you're not a genius;

            The Pursuit of Happiness with Will Smith –  Based on a true story – I am sure you know it. A single father trying to give a better future to his son. So many struggles, sacrifices, pain, despair, resilience. Fight until you get what you work for. Never give up;

            Shawshank Redemption with Tim Robbins, Morgan Freeman –  I went around this movie for months, I simply couldn't see how a story involving criminals could teach me anything. What a lesson, what a mind, what a will... Red Redding, “I have to remind myself that some birds aren't meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright.”

            The Memoirs of a Geisha – Japanese love story with Zhang Ziyi –  I am sure you've heard of it if you're a woman who believes in love. I watched it twice in ten years and I will probably watch it at least another time in the future;

            About Time – British love story with Domhnall Gleeson, Bill Nighy – This is a romantic drama and I am not fond of Love stories. The first one in this genre I watched on purpose, and I am so glad I chose to do so. Many things to learn;

            Sliding Doors – Love story with Gwyneth Paltrow, John Hannah – Parallel universes. No matter what you do, your destiny it will still fulfil. Kind of a scary idea and I disagree with it, I am convinced you can change your fate;

            The Fighter with Mark Walhberg, Christian Bale – Box movie based on a true story – Family can destroy your life if you let it;

            Facing the Giants with Alex Kendrick. –  American football. “Nothing is impossible for God.” Luke 1:37; 

            The Secret with Bob Proctor, Joe Vitale, John Assaraf – Documentary about the invisible power of the Universe and the Law of Attraction. Nothing can inspire you more than this if you force yourself to believe. Most people refuse to even consider this undeniable truth. I used to be one of them. Not anymore;

            The Shift with Wayne Dyer, Portia de Rossi, Edward Kerr – A mixed documentary and Hollywood style movie. Dr Wayne Dyer, one of the people I follow with interest, speaks about changings that may occur without working for it. To be totally honest, I disagree with his statement regarding the fact that we need to wait and when the time will come, it will happen. I am a fervid supporter of the opposite idea: we need to work extremely hard in order to change;

            The Thought Exchange with Lucie Arnaz, David Friedman, Colleen McGloin –  A documentary I haven’t managed to watch just yet, but the idea behind is astonishing; the truth about who we really are, where we really live, what we really want, and how to have that all the time. I can’t wait to get a copy soon;

            Pumping Iron with Arnold Schwarzenegger m – Bodybuilding Documentary – It took me more than a year to gather the courage and will to watch this movie that is on every list I came across. I am not a bodybuilding fan, quite the contrary. However, Arnold’s story is truly inspirational. Work, work, work and self-confidence will bring you the success you are looking for. “Dream big and work your butt off,” is Arnold’s message. If you look at his career you must admit that he is an extraordinary human being. An absolute black pearl;

Any other ideas would be highly appreciated.

**
If you appreciated it, don't hesitate to like, share, comment, or join me on Facebook.
But most importantly, if you like reading, follow me on Amazon.
Thank you. 
See you soon, amazing human being.




Post a Comment

Do not be shy, leave a sign. I prefer nice words, but critics are welcome too. Do not spam, do not insult (me or others), avoid being vulgar. Respect is a MUST! Ps. If you don't see your comment right away, is because it needs my approval before becoming public, so don't waste your time insulting, nobody will ever know (besides you).

Previous Post Next Post