Save the planet - use biodegradable exfoliators

I know loads of people who care for this planet, and I admire and respect them for that.
We all should care about the environment, it's our house.
Unfortunately, many of us don't give a damn about any of this, and there isn't much we can do about it. We can't force people to do what they don't want to.

In my opinion, individuals who don't respect nature, things that were built - created by others - should be severely punished.
How? First, they should be asked to pay for what they destroyed. Clearly, many don't have enough money to do that.
In that case, penal labour is the perfect solution. Fixing what they broke and helping building more.

I've been to Germany lately. In the stunning park of Potsdam, many marble statues are standing on pedestals. Some of them have missing pieces of them despite the fact they are very cared for.
An angel, e.g., was deprived of one of his wings. Someone put the missing piece back, but you could see that the statue suffered a vandalism at some point.
Why on earth would you do that?
Because you wanted a piece of the angel with you, or because you're a felon who doesn't know what's respect and consideration?

This is just a tiny example, there are billions more horrible than this one.

Anyway, besides these creatures who destroy on purpose, there is us, regular people who jeopardise the future of this planet without knowing it.
In this post, I'll focus on the use of cosmetics, exfoliators in particular.
Women around the world are using several types of scrubs gels/creams in their daily beauty rituals.
I'm one of them. My skin is soft because of that, so I'm pro exfoliators.
The market is full of colourful tubs filled with coarse gels. It's very easy to buy and use them. Some are cheap, many not so much.
But regardless of the price, almost all of them are bad for the environment because of their chemical ingredients.
What's not made of chemicals nowadays?
There are just a few things in this world that are not nocive for humans, animals, earth. To be honest, I can't name any.
This is not a campaign launched against a brand or another. Everybody use them. I hope you are aware of that.

All exfoliators on the market contain microbeads. Most microbeads are made from polyethene. These tiny beads end up in the oceans. The marine fauna mistakes them for food and ingests them. Birds eat fish, and we eat fish.
I'm not going to continue as I don't know if there is an end to this.

Some associations are intimating the Parlament to ban these products. They will probably succeed, but thinking we will not find them again is naive.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that there are biodegradable products that act as exfoliators. As I said, I'm pro soft skin and use them daily.
  • Bicarbonate of soda
  • Coarse cornmeal/corn flour for polenta or porridge mix  - fine grind  (use grinder)
  • Sea salt (Himalayan too, of course) - fine grind
  • Sugar 
  • Fruits: strawberry, blackberry, kiwi (all fruits that contain tiny granules in their flesh)
  • Coffee grounds 
  • Tea grounds (from the bags too)
Because I'm a coffee lover, my favourite exfoliator is coffee, of course. I make coffee (real, not instant) every day, gather the grounds (rests), put them in small boxes left opened and use them during my daily showers. It says to help with the cellulite too.

I use the grounds all over my body, including the face. 
Some add olive oil and make a cream before. It's a great way to exfoliate and nourish your skin at the same time.
Personally, I don't like the feeling of being oily after a shower because I like to apply creams and oils to it after I pat it dry. But this is my thing.
However, I recommend the grounds of coffee with a spoon of oil for the face.

Image from Pixabay
Curiosities:

  • If you don't use a sponge and shower gel (or soap) after using coffee grounds on your skin, your white clothes will get dirty.
  • Some people dry the coffee grounds to conserve it for longer periods. I don't, but it would be easy. Just strain the grounds, spread them on kitchen paper, and placed them out of your way. You might forget about it and dust will add to the compost. As longs as you are not allergic to it, it's no real dangerous.
  • Bicarbonate of soda and salt are very good to whiten the teeth. I use it from time to time. Be careful not to rub too hard and scratch the enamel of your teeth. Look for the proper use on-line. 
I know that for most this is just a tiny drop in the ocean, but if more of us will start respecting the nature, our grand-grand-grandchildren might have something to step on.

**
If you appreciated it, don't hesitate to like, share, comment, or join me on Facebook.
But most importantly, if you like reading, follow me on Amazon.
Thank you. 
See you soon, amazing human being.

Post a Comment

Do not be shy, leave a sign. I prefer nice words, but critics are welcome too. Do not spam, do not insult (me or others), avoid being vulgar. Respect is a MUST! Ps. If you don't see your comment right away, is because it needs my approval before becoming public, so don't waste your time insulting, nobody will ever know (besides you).

Previous Post Next Post