Spring onion and dill salad

This recipe (more an idea actually) might sound silly to you, but I love it and I am sure many will appreciate the simplicity of it and not only.
We are farmers and grow onions, dill and other plants every year.
Not since I'm in England though. :(
I used to have this salad many times a day just because... .
I am also emotionally attached to it as my mum adores it since I can remember.

It is a great side idea, to accompany meat and fish dishes, but I eat it by itself for dinner when I am on a diet or ate too much at lunch. As today.
It is gluten and almost calorie free, full of various vitamins.


"Spring onion: Low in Sodium, very low in Saturated Fat and Cholesterol. Good source of Thiamin, Riboflavin, Magnesium, Phosphorus and Copper, and a very good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Folate, Calcium, Iron, Potassium and Manganese.

Dill: Very low in Saturated Fat and Cholesterol. Good source of Dietary Fiber, Niacin, Phosphorus, Zinc and Copper, and a very good source of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Riboflavin, Vitamin B6, Folate, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Potassium and Manganese."

Amazing for celiac people and those who are on a diet, also for vegans and vegetarians.

I would have it twice a day for lunch and as a “snack” whenever I'd feel peckish, but it makes my breath heavy... to say the least.
Not good when you work with people. Be sensible.

I am on holiday for 7 days so I can as much as I want.
It will be my main dish among other fresh salads and fruits.
A very healthy and so needed diet. Detox week.... yay!!!!

Degree of difficulty: none
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Servings: 1-2

Ingredients:
  • 5-7 Spring onions
  • a small bunch/a few twigs of fresh dill
  • 2 spoons of olive oil (any oil will do) 
  • ¼ tea spoon of salt
  • Optional: flaxseed, pumpkin, sunflower seeds
Clean, wash, dry the spring onions and the dill, chop it all the way you like it, add oil and salt and eat with appetency (it's an English word, right?! My dictionary doesn't recognize it.)

If you are on a diet, it is one of the richest in vitamins salad/dish you can find. It fills you up for a few hours.
Have it as often as you want, but brush your teeth and tongue thoroughly (20 min) after.
Use mouthwash and chewing gum if you care about the people around you. :)

Kissing is prohibited, unless your partner had it too.

If you want something more nutritious, add boiled potatoes, pasta and/or eggs
No eggs if you're vegan/vegetarian, obviously.

Not an easy job when you grow loads of plants.
I almost forgot: Dill makes your boobs grow.
Men hands off; unless you like to have boobs.
Women from all around the world, eat dill in industrial quantities and... BELIEVE! Miracles happen every day. :p
When I used to eat loads of this salad (+++dill). Home grown.
If you like this post, please feel free to comment or share it with others who might benefit from reading it.
Sharing is Caring.
If any of the above helped you in any way, as a Thank You, you may like my Facebook page.
It would be highly appreciated.
That way I will know that my work isn't in vain.

Post a Comment

Do not be shy, leave a sign. I prefer nice words, but critics are welcome too. Do not spam, do not insult (me or others), avoid being vulgar. Respect is a MUST! Ps. If you don't see your comment right away, is because it needs my approval before becoming public, so don't waste your time insulting, nobody will ever know (besides you).

Previous Post Next Post