The impossible dream


Following my previous post, here is another incredible performance of highly determined people.

As I wrote in my book, It's Never Game Over, when I am down and in need of motivation, I watch people who succeeded in a way or another.
I believe that Britain's got Talent indeed. This is the country where people who have a dream might see it come true.
This song has become the song of my life. I never heard it before.

I have been home for three days and couldn't do much. I tried to write, but the words didn't flow. I corrected some of my novels. And today, when my heartbeats slowed down and I could barely breathe, I realised why I can't do anything right: I am in unbearable physical pain, and I didn't even consider that. I thought I was just very tired.
Despite that, I worked on my dream. There is time to rest when I close my eyes forever.

I had many dreams in my life and I have never told anyone about them. I believe it is time to put them in writing as I never saw them written down either.
  • The first one was to become a ballerina and dance the Waltz of the Flowers by Tchaikovsky – I was probably five,
  • Then it was stewardess so I could travel the world – Ironically enough I never travelled,
  • Interior designer – when I was studying carpentry,
  • Fashion designer – when I was eighteen,
  • Psychologist/Counsellor – when I lived in Italy,
  • And finally, Writer – the ultimate dream and I am sacrificing everything to fulfil it. Of course, this was my only real dream since I was eight. But who makes money from writing, right?
As you can see, none of them involved farming. Although I didn't know better, I dreamed better. That I owe to the books I read. They allowed me to dream. To fly freely from the communism's cage.  

I don't feel well at all. I have very high fever, but I work nonetheless. God bless all those who have a heart, a soul, and a dream.


These amazing guys sang just parts of the song. Below are all the lyrics and I would like this to be the song played when I will be... gone.

It appears that, once again, the fragment is from a musical  Man Of La Mancha – 1972
Music by Mitch Leigh; lyrics by Joe Darion

"To dream the impossible dream
To fight the unbeatable foe
To bear with unbearable sorrow
To run where the brave dare not go
To right the unrightable wrong
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star

This is my quest
To follow that star
No matter how hopeless
No matter how far

To fight for the right
Without question or pause
To be willing to march into Hell
For a heavenly cause

And I know if I'll only be true
To this glorious quest
That my heart will lie peaceful and calm
When I'm laid to my rest

And the world will be better for this
That one man (woman?) scorned and covered with scars
Still strove with his last ounce of courage
To reach the unreachable star."

***
If you appreciated it, don't hesitate to like, share, comment, or join me on Facebook.
But most importantly, if you like reading follow me on Amazon.
If you bought any of my books, please, take two minutes to leave a short (or long) review. Be generous with the stars, I beg of you.
Thank you and see you soon, amazing human being. 



Post a Comment

Do not be shy, leave a sign. I prefer nice words, but critics are welcome too. Do not spam, do not insult (me or others), avoid being vulgar. Respect is a MUST! Ps. If you don't see your comment right away, is because it needs my approval before becoming public, so don't waste your time insulting, nobody will ever know (besides you).

Previous Post Next Post